Tuesday 18 October 2011

Afridi revokes retirement within months


Afridi revokes retirement within monthsShahid Afridi has reversed his decision to retire from the international game, saying he is happy to play limited-overs cricket for Pakistan.
Afridi retired in May after losing the captaincy of the one-day team in a public disagreement with then-coach Waqar Younis.
But Afridi left the door open to return if there were changes, and with Waqar ha
ving quit as coach and PCB chairman Ijaz Butt having been replaced by Zaka Ashraf, Afridi has been satisfied.
"I didn't as such retire," Afridi said in comments reported by cricinfo.com.
"I only said I will not play under the previous board but now people are changed - exactly what I wanted - so I am available for selection for the country."

No comments:

Post a Comment